Fresh Inc is open to Composers/Performers 18 years of age and over, whether enrolled in a degree program or pursuing their craft independently. We welcome all instruments and vocal types, and performers from any musical tradition.
Composer/Performer applicants should apply to this track if you would like to be considered in both categories. Accepted applicants will be offered a chance to choose between the dual composer/performer track vs. a singular composer or performer track at the time acceptance letters are issued. Don't be afraid to apply as a composer/performer if you're more experienced in one area than the other; you will still be offered a position as a performer or composer in the event you are only accepted in one track.
Please note that if you play an instrument outside of Fifth House Ensemble's core roster, you are welcome to request private lessons with any member of the group.
All applicants are considered for merit-based scholarships as part of the application process. This year, our Fresh Voices program offers dedicated scholarship support to participants who are female, artists of color, and/or LGBTQ-identified, to build leadership capacity, career advancement, and entrepreneurial skills among artists underrepresented in our field.
Applications are due February 1, 2020, and notifications will be sent via email by February 15, 2020.
Please use the Uploads section to attach:
- A recent photo in JPG format
- A current resume (DOC or PDF)
- A recording of you performing repertoire of your choice composed before 1950 (MP3, MP4, M4a, WAV formats accepted)
- A recording of you performing repertoire of your choice composed after 1950 (MP3, MP4, M4a, WAV formats accepted)
- A score and audio recording for each of two recent composer works of 2-10 instruments/voices, no large ensemble works (PDF, MP3, MP4, M4a, WAV formats accepted)
- A letter of recommendation from a principal teacher or reference. This may be uploaded here (DOC or PDF), or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject line
If you have any technical issues with the application, please contact email@example.com.
Looking forward to hearing your music, and thank you for your application!